Tuesday, June 11, 2013

God Is Everywhere, Even in the Fridge

  
     I have thought about doing this for a long time, but the time never seemed right.  I put it in God's hands and now He has driven me to give it a go.  I plan on sharing my joys, and happiness along with some of my trials.  (Probably more trials than anything, but bear with me there WILL be joy.)  Now that I've spent a few days at home, unemployed, and unable to physically talk with others since Tom has been taking Reid to the farm and Breanna is non-verbal I will consider this my "talk" with others.  Some days it will be short and some days it will be longer.  Please don't read it if you are a person who reads for errors, after all I'm only human and sometimes emotions will over rule proper grammer and spelling.  LOL  I will TRY to keep it light hearted and hopefully not TMI.  (Too much information) 
   What has compelled me to write this is an experience that I just want to share with SOMEONE, ANYONE, and if you have read this far you are blessed to be that person(people).  I have to share a God  experience that still has me floored and straining to hear His voice more.
    As I stated earlier I  am currently unemployed and having a HARD time with that.  Every morning I ask God to show me what he wants me to do.  Do You want me to stay home and be there more for my daughter?  Is there some special job you are calling me to do?  Am I suppose to be "available" for the other non-paying (OK it pays in greater ways, but more on that another time) job you have put in front of me?  Please show me!!!
    I feel like an impatient child waiting for Santa to see what great gift awaits me.  I have been in these shoes before, no job and no clue what is in store, they are more comfortable and more "me".  I know that God has something better in place for me.  I just wish He wouldn't wait so long to show me. 
   Well yesterday I was getting dinner ready for the family, something that I have always regretted and now am finding comfort in since it makes me feel needed, and I was standing in front of the fridge thinking dinner.  But my mind suddenly went to "God if You want me to stay home and do this daily I need a sign, because I'm not feeling that's where You really want me."  Not even 5 minutes later the house phone rang with caller ID saying Yankton Public Schools.  I had applied for  a Computer job there (not lesson plans, no grading papers, work is work and home is home type of job, I think).  I had decided that they must have filled it and I was not even in the running.  How wrong I was!!  They wanted to set up an interview!  They WANT to see ME!!  OK I may be reading too much into it, but I'm now not so sure God wants me to stay at home.  I have to keep trying for jobs.
    Another sign of this is... I couldn't find my Teaching Certificate and two other positions I wanted to try for needed a copy of it.  I prayed to Saint Anthony over and over and over and over.  I finally said, "OK Saint Anthony if I'm not suppose to be a teacher anymore keep it lost."  (Yes I was desperate.)  Guess what I found last night!  I guess I'm suppose to teach.
    I don't feel I was threatening God, or Saint Anthony, I just wanted the flashing, neon, bright sign in the darkness.  Is God really leading me that way or am I looking too hard for things?  I don't know, but I'm ready for the ride.  After all He's never led me wrong before.
   OK I think that's enough for the first blog.  I WILL include some photos when I see fit and when I figure out how to do it.  Right now I have to get a little lady ready for school. (BTW she "shows" me God's blessings often and you will learn a LOT about her as this goes.)  So God bless and may you find God in your fridge.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts, Teresa :o) I sure wish He would give me some signs like those! Maybe I don't threaten enough...LOL!!! Take care & know that God loves YOU and He has great plans for your life...no matter what those plans look like on this tangled up side :o) I'm talking to myself too!

    ReplyDelete